Often thread count is talked about in reference to higher quality bedding, is it true?
Have you ever walked into a department store and been proud of purchasing 1000 thread count white bedsheets. However, when you get home you find that they are scratchy or even noisy as you move?
When I started my journey into understanding material fibres and how they are woven together, I realised I had not quite understood the full picture in how I approached purchasing bedding. Previously, I was under the impression, if the thread count was high, it meant that the quality of the bedding I was sleeping on was also high. But as a delved a little deeper, I found out there was more to the story.
I discovered, thread count refers to the number of threads woven in a square inch AND there are many creative ways companies are able to increase their thread count.
Most commonly today, companies are using multi-ply warn. Multi-ply yarn is when multiple threads are woven together and different fabrics can be used.
For example, a cotton yarn and polyester yarn could be woven together. This will increase the thread count but not the quality. Although thread count may be in the thousands, you may still have scratchy bedding.
What else to consider?
If thread count does not provide the whole picture, what else is there to consider?
- How is your bedding made? Are synthetic pesticides, like genetically modified organisms (GMO’s) used to the treat the fabric?
- What is the fabric of your bedding? Have multiple yarns been woven together?
- What is the thread length? Longer staple fibres will create stronger, smoother threads. This type of bedding will last longer and create smoother textures that feel luxurious.
My recommendation is thread lengths ranging from 28-31mm, will have you floating on clouds.
Shelu bedding is made from 100% organic cotton, meaning;
- No synthetic or GMO nasties
- Specifically we use a luxurious sateen weave, adding an extra layer of buttery comfort when you fall into bed at night
- Perfect combination of durable, soft to touch and easy to wash
- AND thee cherry on top – all fitted sheets are 50cm in depth, so you never have to wrangle it on your bed again.
You will spend a third of your life in bed and you deserve every night to be a dream!
AND who doesn’t love discounts – click here for your 15% off for a limited time.
OR would you like to try before you buy, click here to order your free sample!
What people are saying about us:
Leah from Sydney – – “The best sheet set I have ever purchased! They are silky soft and the fitted didn’t come off of the corners! Huge win!”
Louise from Melbourne – – “Absolutely amazing sheets.. the best quality I have ever had. Will definitely be buying more. My husband never comments on our linen, but said to me these are so good”.
Lisa from Perth – – “I absolutely LOVE my Shelu sheets!! They are so luxurious and soft, I feel like I’m in a 5 star hotel when I’m sleeping on them. I’m so impressed by the Shelu brand and love what Adam + Elizabeth are bringing to the bedding industry! I love that their products are made from fair trade, organic cotton. Keep up the amazing work guys! -xx”